Jim Nabors, Known as Gomer Pyle, Comes Out As Gay After Marriage To Partner Of 38 Years
Jim Nabors and his partner of 38 years Stan Cadwallader tied the knot earlier this month in Seattle, a few weeks after same-sex marriage became legal in the state of Washington.
Nabors, who played the happy-go-lucky Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show and its spin-off Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., told Hawaii News Now that he has never kept his homosexuality a secret from friends and colleagues, but hasn’t “made a public spectacle of it” either.
"I’m 82 and he’s in his 60s and so we’ve been together for 38 years and I’m not ashamed of people knowing, it’s just that it was such a personal thing, I didn’t tell anybody," he said. “I’m very happy that I’ve had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can I tell you, I’m just very happy.”
Nabors and Cadwallader, 64, met in 1975 in Honolulu, where they remain to this day.
10 Notes/ Hide
- psychedelicmicrobus reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- lizalizajane reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow and added:
- sniggly reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- heyitsyari likes this
- pod313 reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- occupyv reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- yaheardwithperd reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow and added:
- timekiller-s said: This is really bad but I thought Nabors had passed away some years ago. Good to see him alive and well at 82. And newly wed, so congratulations!
- timekiller-s likes this
- senjukannon likes this
- thepoliticalfreakshow posted this