Stories to Watch: 11/1/12.
Electoral college forecasts:
- Electoral-Vote.com: OBAMA 299 - Romney 206
- FiveThirtyEight: OBAMA 300.4 - Romney 237.6
- DeSart and Holbrook: OBAMA 281 - Romney 257
- Princeton Election Consortium: OBAMA 315 - Romney 223
- Votamatic: OBAMA 332 - Romney 206
- UnskewedPolls.com: ROMNEY: 321 - Obama: 217
NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg cites Hurricane Sandy and climate change in his endorsement of President Obama. Meanwhile, Mitt Romney receives the coveted C. Montgomery Burns endorsement.
Related: Sandy could realistically come with a $50 billion price tag.
Wow. When Romney backer Donald Trump repeated Mitt’s Chrysler-Jeep lie on Twitter, Chrysler Group Vice President for Product Design Ralph Gilles tweeted back, “You are full of shit!” You really don’t get a more definitive statement than that. My favorite story of the day, by an insanely wide margin. Freakin’ hilarious.
Rush Limbaugh proves that the concepts of irony and hypocrisy are totally alien to him by calling Chris Christie a “fat fool” for throwing Romney under the bus after Sandy.
Yes, Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin is a terrible, terrible human being.
This is interesting: a new study finds that polls asking who respondents think will win are more predictive than those that ask who they’re going to vote for. So who do Americans think is going to win next Tuesday? Barack Obama — it’s not even a contest.
Finally, this story has me wondering if GOP pollsters might try to stoke up “Mittmentum!” stories by tilting polling averages toward Romney. I’m not ready to go all lefty-poll-truther yet — after all, a single outlier is more than likely just a normal old outlier — but it’s something worth keeping an eye out for. Can’t trust these guys any farther than you can throw them.
[cartoon via McClatchy Newspapers]
15 Notes/ Hide
- together--we--can reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- lakelvr reblogged this from quickhits
- lakelvr likes this
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- odinsblog reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- occupyv reblogged this from quickhits
- churchonthemove reblogged this from quickhits
- summerslens reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow and added:
- happilyalluring reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- thepoliticalfreakshow reblogged this from nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident reblogged this from quickhits
- cinnabana likes this
- theweaversweb likes this
- nomoretexasgovernorsforpresident likes this
- quickhits posted this