Arrest of the Day: GOP Voter Contractor Arrested For Illegally Dumping Valid Voter Registrations in Virginia Dumpster
A Pennsylvania man employed by a company working for the Republican Party of Virginia was arrested by investigators from the Rockingham County Sheriff’s office on Thursday and charged with destroying voter registration forms.
Colin Small, a 31-year-old resident of Phoenixville, Pa., worked for Pinpoint, a company hired to register voters on behalf of the Republican Party of Virginia. Prosecutors charged him with four counts of destruction of voter registration applications, eight counts of failing to disclose voter registration applications and one count of obstruction of justice.
Rockingham County Sheriff Bryan Hutcheson’s office said there was no indication that the activity was widespread in their jurisdiction and said the conduct “appears to be limited in nature.” His office said there is a possibility that additional charges may be filed.
Hutcheson’s office began investigating after the manager at a Tuesday Morning store in Harrisonburg, Va., allegedly spotted a man on Monday afternoon throwing eight voter registration forms into a dumpster behind the shopping center where he works.
A message left for a spokesman at the Virginia Republican Party was not returned. A man who answered the phone at Pinpoint and only gave his name as Ryan said he was not allowed to comment. “I really want to stay out of it,” he said.
20 Notes/ Hide
- aarioc likes this
- theonecalledbiz likes this
- theheartwithin reblogged this from theonecalledbiz and added:
- iggymogo likes this
- freakoftheday2011 likes this
- pop-rocks-blowjob likes this
- tobeofuse reblogged this from politicaldirtylaundry
- politicaldirtylaundry reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- politicaldirtylaundry likes this
- polymath22 reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- salvadordahlia reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- hcshannon said:He’s 31, he looks 17!
- applebutterbomb likes this
- kp777 likes this
- thepoliticalfreakshow posted this