This isn’t the only lie the Romney campaign has pushed and pushed hard - not by a long shot. But it is the most revealing, because of its clear racial subtext, as well as the Romney campaign’s in-your-face refusal to acknowledge any wrongdoing, and its proud citing of the ads’ effectiveness. Many media critics - and working journalists as well - have taken note of how the Romney campaign seems to have entered new territory in the boldness and pervasiveness of its lying, so much so that an open debate is breaking out about what can be done. This has been the subject of several posts at the Press Think blog of NYU professor/leading media critic Jay Rosen, most recently, ”You’re not entitled to your own facts’ vs. That’s your opinion. Kiss my ad”.
It’s very telling that their constituents/voters clearly ignore this. They have ulterior motives than just electing a candidate for the people. They want their special interests catered to and status quo maintained.
19 Notes/ Hide
- sevdolo reblogged this from liberal-focus
- nora9999 likes this
- sevdolo likes this
- fuckikari reblogged this from ptrpvn
- timekiller-s likes this
- thepoliticalfreakshow reblogged this from 6dogs9cats
- 6dogs9cats reblogged this from liberal-focus
- philosophica-dea reblogged this from liberal-focus
- liberal-focus reblogged this from nox-aeris
- liberal-focus likes this
- nox-aeris reblogged this from happyoceano
- nox-aeris likes this
- aboriginalnewswire posted this