Lethal weapons are not so difficult to come by, even legally. Wade Michael Page, the identified shooter who gunned down six Sikhs at a temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, this weekend, bought the firearm he used in the attack legally, law enforcement authorities said today, Reuters reported.
According to FBI special agent in charge Teresa Carlson, Page had no criminal record before the attack, though the Southern Poverty Law Center had been tracking Page’s white supremacist ties for years.
Page wasn’t the only shooter who acquired his weapons legally. James Holmes, the man charged with killing 12 people in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater just weeks ago, bought all four of his guns legally as well.
The Wisconsin attack is being investigated as an act of domestic terror, authorities said. Those who belonged to the Wisconsin gurdwara have called it a hate crime, though.
21 Notes/ Hide
- think-im-justhappy reblogged this from fatbodypolitics
- fatbodypolitics reblogged this from navigatethestream
- navigatethestream reblogged this from jayaprada
- specialability reblogged this from goldenpalominos and added:
- fatwasandfanboys likes this
- goldenpalominos reblogged this from loudblackram
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- rosadefuego likes this
- loudblackram reblogged this from notwiththoseshoesonboi
- haralambros likes this
- notwiththoseshoesonboi likes this
- thepoliticalfreakshow reblogged this from jayaprada
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- jayaprada posted this