Dred Scott!!! Sen. Rand Paul Compares Obamacare Supreme Court Decision to Pro-Slavery Dred Scott Decision!!!
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is not known for his measured understanding of the Constitution. He once suggested that Medicare and Social Security violate the Constitution, and he opposes the federal ban on whites-only lunch counters because he believes allowing widespread segregation is “the hard part about believing in freedom.”
Nevertheless, in a op-ed attacking the recent Supreme Court decision upholding the Affordable Care Act, Paul digs in even deeper — likening that decision to others protecting slavery and Jim Crow:
In the wake of the recent Supreme Court decision, can you still argue that the Constitution does not support ObamaCare? The liberal blogosphere apparently thinks the constitutional debate is over. I wonder whether they would have had that opinion the day after the Dred Scott decision.
Think of how our country would look now had the Supreme Court not changed its view of what is constitutional. Think of 1857, when the court handed down the outrageous Dred Scott decision, which said African Americans were not citizens. Think of the “separate but equal” doctrine in Plessy v. Ferguson, which the court later repudiated in Brown v. Board of Education.
For the record, the Affordable Care Act will rescue hundreds of thousand of Americans from medical bankruptcy, enable thousands more to take a new job or start a business, and save as many as 45,000 lives every year. It in no way resembles slavery.
26 Notes/ Hide
- theknitter likes this
- butchrosser likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- eclecticdreamweaver likes this
- questionall reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- questionall likes this
- youngamericanandblack likes this
- maxlibertarios reblogged this from swagandpassion and added:
- randallorrandy reblogged this from swagandpassion and added:
- thatsonedeadflamingo reblogged this from invisiblelad and added:
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- onthatrooftop likes this
- swagandpassion reblogged this from maxlibertarios and added:
- oldenough2burmom likes this
- video-arena reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- invisiblelad reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- collaterlysisters reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow and added:
- angelic-hipster-mermaid-santa69 reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- screamingjessopmonkey reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president and added:
- petticoatruler reblogged this from reagan-was-a-horrible-president
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- reagan-was-a-horrible-president likes this
- waycoolhacky likes this
- kiokushitaka reblogged this from thepoliticalfreakshow
- thepoliticalfreakshow posted this